Friday, November 08, 2013

Book Review - Meltdown

Meltdown by Sam Hutton (Harper Collins, 2005)



by Bharveer, 13, Durban, South Africa

 
Meltdown is a fiction novel intended for readers who love action, adventure and mystery.

This book is situated in the middle of London.  In this novel three teenagers, fighting crime in the streets of London, named Alex, Danny and the PIC's daughter, Maddie Cooper.

PIC trainee, Maddie Cooper, finds herself falsely accused of drug dealing and is suspended from duty.  Her team mates, Danny and Alex are horrified and get to work investigating who set Maddie up.

A vicious computer virus is unleashed at headquarters and all the computer files are erased.  Someone is out to destroy PIC and especially Maddie and her father Jack Cooper at any cost.  The special agents have got a serious fight on their hands.

As I was reading this novel, I felt as if I was part of the story.  I also felt like I was part of PIC solving these investigations which can be dangerous and life-threatening.  I've also learned that sometimes people are always out to get you or they are jealous of you when you are progressing in life.  I've learned that we should be good to people no matter how mean they are to me.




1 comment:

  1. This sounds really good. Are there more in the series?

    ReplyDelete